Sunday, December 7, 2014

July 31, 2014

   So this week has been amazing. My Spanish has improved like crazy. Remember how I was talking about talking to people on the streets in Mexico City and I couldn't understand a word that was being said? Yeah well yesterday we got to talk to some more people. Probably got about 30% this time. That's pretty good. And the grammar is coming along to, but very very slowly. That's definitely the hardest part. Anyways lets talk about the coolest part of my week. Sunday. Sunday was the craziest day I've had yet at the CCM. It was the best day, but also the worst day. But mostly the best. While reading this story, you may wonder as to how in the world this day could be good. I'll do my best to explain that. But I don't know if I can accurately describe the way I felt. 
      Sunday started like a normal Sunday. I got up, and wrote my 5 minute long talk (in 100% español) about the resurrection and judgement (our topics change every week). Went to priesthood meeting and we had a cool lesson on gratitude for our parents and what they had taught us. Sundays are my favorite day of the week because the Spirit is always really strong all day. Anyways around lunch time my stomach started to feel a little bit rocky. I figuerd it was whatever, just a little bug or something, I've felt it before many times. But just in case I went extra healthy at lunch. Anyways about 2 hours later I started to feel REALLY bad. We went in to go watch a talk by Elder Holland, and I started to feel so sick. Like, I have NEVER felt this sick in my life. I was sitting there in the room and all I could feel was pins and needles all over my body and I was breaking out in sweat like crazy. 
        Finally Edler Kerr looked at me and was like "Whoah. Dude you look terrrible." So we got up and went to the bathroom, and literally as soon as I walked into the closest stall, I projectile vomited. For awhile. I have never thrown up like that in my life. It was gruesome. When I got out, however, I was feeling much better. By the time we got to our house (a 2 minute walk) I felt horrible agian. So, I went into the bathroom of the guys in the room next to ours (they had done that to us earlier in the week so we felt it was warranted) and I was there for probably about an hour. 
       After that it was time for dinner. Me still feeling terrible, we went. Elder Kerr was really hungry. We stopped by the infirmry on the way there, but it was closed. The entire walk there I was super dizzy, and Elder Kerr told me that I was white as a sheet. He said he'd eat real fast, and then we could figure out what to do. I stepped into the bathroom. I almost passed out in the stall. Then I got out and told elder kerr that we had to leave NOW. 
       As we were walking back to our casa (me more shambling than walking) there was a nice grandma who asked if we were the two boys knocking on the infirmiry. We said yes, and that we needed a doctor BADLY. We got in there and her husband came and they talked to me for a while. I told them that I thought I was gouing to pass out and I was REALLY nauseated. They were acting very calm, but I could tell things got bad when they couldn't get my blood pressure, and couldn't get my pulse. I was too dehydrated. They concluded that they had to put me on an IV. At this point I was barely conscious and couldn't see more than 10 feet in front of me, so they helped me shamble over to a bed and they rigged up the IV, but they couldn't find my veins. I was so dehydrated that my veins were literally invisible. Finally we got it into the inside of my elbow, but the funny thing is we couldn't see one in there either. 
        Elder Kerr told me at that moment he had been praying harder than he ever had in his life. And the needle just slid in and Sister Gill said that she got it. So there was definitely the hand of God involved. Then I started to feel a little bit better, but my stomach was cramping like CRAZY. So I was still miserable.  Around 11pm they put me in a wheel chair and Elder Kerr took me home. 
       When we got home, I got a priesthood blessing from elders Reynolds, Kemp, and Kerr. Then I had a great night's sleep, had a rocky morning, where I was wheeled around a bit more by my awesome comp, and then I was fine. So yeah I'm totally normal right now. The only thing that has changed is that my appetite is GREATLY decreased. I actually feel like I'm full after eating like a little girl now. 
      Anyways, I'm pretty sure that the combination of Elder Kerr, with Brother and Sister Gill, and their IV, saved my life. I am not kidding. I was running out of water so fast. I used to think it was a joke, how people die from diarrhea. I will never laugh at the death of Beethoven again. Because this is real. 
      So I think you can understand how this would be the worst day of my time here. But the best? Let me TRY to explain. The way someone feels true joy is through feeling the love of God. That is only felt through the power of the Holy Ghost. This is because the Holy Ghost is God's messenger, bringing promptings and feelings for God's will and love for us to our hearts. And well, during the time of this particualr trial, but especially during the blessings right after and right before, I felt that so strongly. So this whole time I felt terrible, I actually felt really really happy. That is why it was also the best day.

talk to you next week, 
Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.